Sometimes dinner just needs to be simple.
I mean, we all love a delicious, Sunday-type dinner once in awhile, but with everyone running every which way around here most weeknights (EDIT: Not now! Now we are not running anywhere due to the current COVID-19 situation, but a quick dinner is still sometimes nice!), sometimes a simple salad becomes the star of the show. When you can make a simple salad looks and tastes anything but simple, you win!
These greek salad is deconstructed on the serving plate…making it easier for an entire family to pick and choose what they enjoy and want on their plate. The dressing is one of the best you will ever have and adding some grilled chicken on the side will make this the absolutely perfect weeknight dinner.
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes, quartered
- Cucumbers, sliced and halved
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Artichokes, canned-drained and squeezed out
- Kalamata olives
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Chop and prep all veggies and arrange on plate separately or tossed-your preference!
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to emulsify
- Serve immediately with dressing on the side
- Serve with grilled chicken to make a meal out of it! 🙂