More than anything else, I have been asked to share some “quick and easy” meals. This is a dinner that is as easy as it can get! I threw this together in no time flat, the kids loved it and clean up was minimal. Can I say “win-win”?
You can surely put a homemade spin on this if you want to and have the time. Otherwise, I am giving you full permission to use store bought versions of some of the ingredients below. It still tastes delicious and makes the prep time even faster and really easy! Feel free to prep this ahead of time and put it in the fridge. When you get home from work, preheat that oven and put the pan in to gradually warm up with the oven. Start a pot of water on the stove for the pasta and throw a quick salad together. You literally will have dinner on the table in thirty minutes flat. Dinner ready-family happy, one night in the books as a success!
- 4- 4 oz chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 2½ cups marinara sauce (I use homemade, but if you need to save time, a jar is good!)
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with pesto sauce.
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Spread chicken cubes in a single layer on the bottom.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Take foil off and bake for 15 minutes more until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta