I am always looking to pump up my boring salad routine. Not that my salads are boring, they are just boring to me. As in, I need some new ones to work into my menu plans.
This lemon vinaigrette is exactly what I was looking for. It reminds me of a dressing that I love from a restaurant in Chicago. This salad is the epitome of a salad. Crisp greens, crunchy cucumbers, sweet onions, briny olives, crunchy, perfectly seasoned croutons and the best creamy italian vinaigrette you have ever tasted.
I have always tried to recreate the recipe, but with very little luck. Finally, I think I have come close. As close as I am probably ever going to get, so I will take it!
This is perfect drizzled into a salad filled with goodies, or over simple, crisp greens. It would also be amazing drizzled over grilled vegetables too.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to glass jar or dressing cruet.
- Shake vigorously.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and take out to come to room temperature again.
- You may skip this step if you are in a rush, but it really helps meld the flavors together.
- Serve over mixed greens, roasted vegetables or as a dip for raw veggies.