These brownies are so good. And seriously, I can say it, guilt free.
Ok, I know, I KNOW.
I totally know what you are going to say.
“If I am going to have a brownie, I want a BROWNIE. Not a healthy brownie.”
“Who would put all of this into a BROWNIE? You are ruining brownies.”
Any of this sound familiar? Well, I am here to make you think differently.
I am here to tell you that I am changing your view of brownies. You see, what if you COULD have a brownie every day*? Why? Because they are filled with healthy ingredients, have no refined sugars and are completely grain free? Sound weird? Well…what if I told you that you would barely notice the difference and that these brownies are the fudgiest, most moist (I know! It hurts me to use that word too, but it is true!) brownies I have ever made. The chocolate flavor is over the top delicious and you will not miss all of those not so good for you things. I mean, I am all about brownies. You want a brownie for a decadent dessert? Sure, go ahead and try this delicious brownie recipe. I have your back. Go for it. You want an everyday brownie*? This is your recipe.
*Totally not advocating eating brownies every day, although I cannot guarantee you will not feel the need to do so after making this recipe.*
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (or more!) chocolate chips (dairy free kind for paleo version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
- Add in coconut flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and pour in batter
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes
- Allow to cool completely for 30 minutes
- Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days
- Store in fridge or freezer to keep fresh longer