It’s the holiday season. One of the busiest times of the the year. There are holiday parties and get-togethers, and if you have kids, go ahead and add in school events, hockey, gymnastics, etc. There is also shopping, baking… do I need to go on?
I am always looking for quick and easy meals during the week and even the weekend. I created this recipe a while ago because my kids love pasta. They would eat it every day and night anyway I make it. This is simple, and you probably have all of the ingredients already in your house right now.
You are probably thinking “I could just open a jar of sauce “. Well you could….but this is better… trust me. The sausage is so tender and the sauce is perfectly seasoned by the sausage cooking for so long. This is the perfect way to get dinner on the table and make everyone happy…with as little work as possible!
- 5-6 Italian sausages (hot, mild or both) cut into 1-2inch pieces
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 4oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of red wine of your choice
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker
- cook 4 hrs on high or 6-8 hrs on low
- Serve with cooked pasta of your choice.