This is honestly one of my favorite salads EVER!
I love salad…but what is it about a salad that someone else makes for you? So much better right? I think it is all that chopping. Salads are hard work. No wonder people that eat salads all the time are thin…all that exercise, chopping mounds and mounds of vegetables, can be taxing.
This salad is pretty easy as far as salad making goes. You won’t even mind making it yourself. A few ingredients…unbelievable taste! I usually make this salad for Thanksgiving, but don’t let the autumn-ish sounding name fool you into thinking you can’t go to the store RIGHT NOW and whip this up in your kitchen tonight.
It is that good.
This salad and a simple grilled chicken breast can be a complete meal.
Just be warned…if you bring this to someone’s house, you will be required to bring it every time!
- 5 cups fresh field greens, torn into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (toast at 350 in the oven for 5-7 minutes until browned and fragrant)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 batch of cider vinaigrette
- Maple Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 1 tblsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the field greens, tear into pieces, and put into a large bowl.
- Add the toasted pine nuts, raisins, and blue cheese.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a salad dressing cruet or jar.
- Shake well.
- Add your desired amount of dressing to the salad and toss.
- A little of this dressing goes a long way!
- Serve immediately.