These are the cookies you bring to a party when you are looking to really bring your A game. These light, fluffy, sweet and spicy cookies are just what every gathering needs. You don’t have a party to go to? Um…make these for yourself. Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy a cookie, or two or three…
I can tell you, they are completely worth it!
- Cookie Dough
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- Cinnamon Sugar for Rolling
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine butter and sugars and beat on high until well mixed
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and continue beating until just mixed
- Roll into 1 inch balls, chill for 3 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cinnamon and sugar for rolling
- Roll cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar mixture
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered with parchment about 2 inches apart
- Bake about 9 minutes-cookies may seem not done, but take them out anyways. Cookies will continue baking and will turn out perfectly.
- Cool for one minute on the cookie sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack for 10 more minutes of cooling.
- Store leftovers in a tightly covered container for one week.