This pasta is a quick weeknight dinner of my dreams! The Greek chicken (recipe was posted last week!) was pre-made at the beginning of the week and the pasta came together in about twenty minutes! This pasta is a perfect mix of fresh veggies and tangy cheese and the grilled chicken on top really makes it a top notch dinner. If you don’t pre make the chicken, get that Greek chicken recipe going while the pasta is cooking, but don’t forget to marinate it starting earlier in the day. If you want to use pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store, that is fine too! Whatever works best for your busy schedule works for this pasta. Also, you can add artichokes and roasted red peppers if you like as well, you can even throw on some pine nuts for a delicious nutty crunch!
The orecchiette pasta was a perfect choice for me, but feel to sub in any pasta you like, as long as it has something to really hold the toppings that characterize this meal. A long strand of spaghetti probably wouldn’t be your best bet, but if you like those best, be a rebel and go for it!
- 1 box of orechhiette pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 bag of spinach
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 recipe mediterranean grilled chicken, sliced
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add spinach and cook until tender and wilted.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl, add spinach-garlic mixture, and kalamata olives.
- Toss to combine
- Sprinkle feta cheese on pasta and top with chicken to serve.