The first time I had these was a long time ago at a family get together. An aunt of my husband had made a huge batch of them and it was one of those things that I just couldn’t stop snacking on. I was able to snag the recipe from her and they have become a holiday tradition ever since.
The sweet cinnamon flavor is the perfect accompaniment to the toasted pecan. They are great to have on hand for holiday nibbling or to put together some scrumptious holiday gifts. A cute mason jar, some festive ribbon and you are set! Fill that jar up and you have a great surprise for someone.
Besides the intense flavor factor, and the holiday gift option, these could not be simpler! Toss them with their spices and toast them in the oven-done! That is what I call a no fuss snack.
Added bonus-your house smells amazing the entire time you are baking them!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 5 cups whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Line a 13x9 baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl, set aside
- Lightly beat two egg whites together with water
- Coat pecans with egg mixture in a large bowl
- Toss with cinnamon sugar until evenly coated
- Place pecans on baking sheet in a large heap
- Bake for one hour
- After one hour, spread out on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes more
- Let cool
- Store in a tightly sealed container on the counter for up to five days or in the fridge for up to 1 month.