Look at THIS.
This is a fabulous recipe for you Moms out there wanting something wonderful for your Mother’s Day breakfast. After all, you deserve something wonderful (and still easy for the Hubby to make). The richness from the maple syrup and cream cheese along with the AMAZING Coconut Syrup will leave you feeling like a queen! So ladies, pass this along to your husband, or in my case, prepare it the night before and give him the baking instructions for the morning, and enjoy the deliciousness as you celebrate how WONDERFUL you are!!!
**Becca, one of our fellow writers here on Girl and Her Kitchen, loves to add blueberries right before baking. I enjoy serving some mixed berries on the side. You can also follow the directions and make these into Heather’s fun French Toast Muffins .
Overnight French Toast with Coconut Syrup
1 loaf of french bread ( cut or torn into small bite sized pieces)
8-10 ounces cream cheese (chunks)
1 dozen eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup “real” maple syrup (no Aunt Jemima for this meal)
1. Grease a 9×13 pan (I really like the way aluminum pans bake evenly, but use what you have)
2. Layer french toast bites and small chunks of cream cheese (you are trying to make sure the cream cheese is evenly distributed)
3. Beat eggs, milk, and maple syrup together in a bowl. Pour over the bread and cheese.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes uncovered, top with drizzled coconut syrup
1 cup butter (real butter)
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coconut extract
Place butter, sugar, and buttermilk in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it is boiling remove it from heat and add baking soda and coconut extract. (It will bubble up a little, don’t be alarmed, it’s just the baking soda working) Serve warm
*Remember to remove from heat before adding the baking soda and extract*
* This can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for many weeks*
What is your favorite Syrup Flavor?